Guide to Outdoor Active Learning (GOAL)
Make learning fun and active!
Our Guide to Outdoor Active Learning (GOAL) makes it easy for preschool and elementary teachers to integrate fun, outdoor activity into their winter lessons-- all while meeting education standards.
From "Moving Mathematics" to "The Science of Sledding," the GOAL offers creative lessons that engage students and get them moving!
Students love the GOAL!
- Aligned with Maine's Early Learning and Development Standards
- Contains six weekly plans for indoor and outdoor activities, including easy to follow activity descriptions
- Includes a winter-themed book list relating to each unit of study
- Maine Edition: Aligned to Maine Learning Results and Common Core Standards
- New Hampshire Edition: Aligned to New Hampshire Education Frameworks and Common Core Standards
- Contains cross-curricular lesson plans for K-6
- Every lesson includes an outdoor activity to reinforce the covered academic topic
- Assessments, stretches, and more!
Best of GOAL Edition
The WinterKids “Best of GOAL” is an abbreviated version containing the most popular outdoor, active lessons used by teachers across Maine!
- Elementary GOAL - $50.00
- Preschool GOAL - $25.00
- Best of GOAL - $14.95
For more information, please call Marion Doyle, Program Director, at 207-871-5700 x103. To email Marion, please click here.
Endorsed by WIlliam Dexter, M.D., WinterKids Medical Advisor